Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

"This book is a must-have for every family. Your child will have a better understanding of David and Goliath after reading this book."

Review by Tiffany at Fabulous Finds


Title: Smoothie Rock-A-Teller: On The Whopper Stopper
Author: Dr. Gerald Mittmann
ISBN: 1935265784
Publisher: VMI Publishers
Illustration by: Gregory Cannone
Release Date: September 1, 2011

Smoothie Rock-A-Teller: On the Whopper Stopper is the first book in a series of nine where rocks retell biblical stories from their point of view. In this book the rock’s name is Smoothie and he retells the story of David and Goliath. My soon to be 4-year-old was immediately enamored with the beautiful, colorful illustration that were used throughout this book. The author of this book came up with really fun ways to refer to different characters in the book. For example people are referred to as talking-walk-abouts and fish are referred to as wiggle-movers. My daughter really liked that but sometimes I would have to remind her I was referring to people and fish.

I think this book is a must have for every family. Your child will have a better understanding of David and Goliath after reading this book. I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series. The Rock-A-Teller Family know how to tell a good story. This book definitely gets my seal of approval.
This book is rather long, 52 pages broken into 5 chapters. Each night I would read a chapter to my little girl and when we reached the end of each chapter we would go over the questions for review and say the little prayer as well. I really like this book, it’s throws a new twist on old Bible favorites. I plan to take this book and donate it to my daughter’s Christian school. I know a lot of children will really enjoy this book.

You can purchase this book from Amazon or the Deep River Bookstore for 13.99$
“To read more reviews like this one, go to Tell Us The Truth Reviews!”
I was sent a copy of his book for free for review. I was not monetarily compensated to give a positive review. Thanks to Bring it On Communications for the free book.

No comments:

Post a Comment